My Interface Device
This is a small 8-bit computer that I am making to communicate with various electronic devices. It has an LCD display (2x8 characters) and 3 buttons, controlled by a Microchip 18F2550 microcontroller. The device can communicate using USB. This project is on-going and features are still being designed. The current plan is to include:
- LCD Display
- USB Connectivity using HID
- Filesystem mountable in Linux using FUSE
- Direct interaction with minimal buttons (3)
- Temperature measurement
- SD Card read and write
- Multitasking operating system
- Programming language with OS system calls
An emulator has also be made which can be used to experiment with software for the device and operating system. This program uses the Curses library to simulate input and output to the device. Even the dimensions of the simulated LCD can be adjusted for different display sizes.
Use the menu above to read specifics of the device.